At BEES our programs vary season to season and depending on what needs to be done!
Our program runs Monday to Sunday.
Main Volunteer Activities Include:
- Bath the Elephants
- Walk to see the Elephants in the forest
- Learn about the Elephants
- Prepare the Elephants food
- Feed the Elephants
- Clean the Elephant area
- Help us care for all the other rescued animals at BEES
Other Activities may include:
- Teaching English to local children
- Planting trees to conserve the environment
- Planting grass for the elephants
- Cut grass, corn etc for the elephants
- Visit the local weaving village and support a group of elderly ladies who run a weaving club.
- Cooking classes. Learn how to make some local Thai desserts. Sweets in banana leaf or sticky rice in bamboo are recommended!
- Assist in small projects around BEES or in a local area. eg building a shelter, clearing old building materials etc.
- Visit the Temple to support the community steaming spa. (The steaming spa is a traditional Thai healing centre where steam and herbs are used to remove chemicals from the body)
- Learn about Traditional Thai Herbal Medicine. Our elephants are old and may need medication.